Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Gold Star Manor for The Wall Street Journal




































It's stories like these that make me feel blessed to be a photographer. I spent two days at Gold Star Manor for The Wall Street Journal with writer, Michael Phillips, as we got to know the mothers and fathers of fallen soldiers who fought for our country. After hearing the family's stories and seeing the devastation of losing a child, the cost of war had never hit so close to home for me. My heart goes out to the people I photographed, as well as the many others in our country that have been affected by the war. I was honored to share the stories of the families and spend some time with them. Story and slideshow here.

1 comment:

Angela Wilhelm said...

Nice job, Dan. The fact that someone very important to them is missing from their lives is translated in every photo.